Business Activities & Competences
The JBG Power team consists of professionals with expertise covering all phases of development of large-scale biogas and LNG power plants: from site selection and land acquisition to the technical design, EPC-contracting, environmental impact assessment and financing.
Site Appraisal and Acquisition of Land
- The availability of a suitable connection to the grid is an important consideration. Our electrical engineering department identifies the optimum connection route, conducts the grid connection engineering and handles the grid connection application process.
- Consideration is given to the logistics and storage of LNG or raw materials and by-products for biogas production.
- Ground surveys are conducted to assess the ground conditions and the fit to the specific requirements for the construction of a biogas or LNG power plant.
- Consultations with local authorities are held to take local regulations into account.
- Different environmental issues must be considered and assessed.
- Infrastructural conditions such as rain drainage, connections to telecommunication, fresh and sewage water grids, roads and railways are appraised.
- Economic conditions for the long-term use of the site (lease or buy) are evaluated.
Planning, Permits and Financing
- Contracting of a local EPC contractor
- Development of technical and organizational safety concepts (explosion, fire protection, health) and environmental protection measures
- Tendering, selection and contracting/licensing of all key component suppliers and service providers
- Construction specific ground and subsoil surveys
- Site layout design
- Engineering and construction scheduling
- Detail engineering and special design of buildings and tanks in accordance to the local earthquake, wind and snow regulations
- Business planning (Investment, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, IRR)
- Structuring of financing